Monday, August 22, 2005

Happy birthday babe!


My Bebster turns 31 today. Woohoo! I just succeeded in pulling off his surprise party last Saturday, with the help of family and friends. I've actually thrown him two other surprise bashes in the past, but he always seemed to find out about it before they happened. Since then, I swore I'd pull the ultimate surprise on him, and hoped against hope it would be this one.

He seriously had no clue. Hee hee. I had Pastor Ed call for an "urgent meeting" at the new Center, and got all our friends to gather before we arrived. Everyone who dearly mattered to him was there. His bestfriends honored him and his mom gave a few touching words.

It was perfect. They were all so generous too; they brought so much food, while my inlaws prepared their Indian specialty dishes. Yum. I gotta learn how to make those Kebabs and Curry.

I was worried he might have gotten suspicious with his mom and sis constantly poking me and whispering about the plans. Not to mention all the cooking we were doing, and the fact that it had to be done before Saturday. A lot of other details came into play that made the surprise a little more complicated (and STRESSFUL) than I had hoped, but in the end it all worked out. Thank God for all that event management experience from my PR days.

Unfortunately, I was too exhausted to take pictures, so I'll leave it to the others to send me what they have. Will post them when they come.

No comments: