Friday, June 24, 2005

Work and some perks.

Well, whaddaya know... There are actually greener pastures outside of the Nokia camp.

Yes, I have a new work phone ;)

A smart phone, mind you. The Big Boss issued me a Blackberry 7280 so as to "have access to email while on the road". Hey now, I'm definitely all for that. Besides, do I look like I'd turn down unlimited wireless internet (GPRS, WAP or other)? After this, I'll never miss another Ebay auction again! Hahaha. (My husband must be having a coronary right now. hehehe). Just kidding, hon. It only means my work will be haunting me wherever I go. But who's complaining, right? I think at this point the benefits outweigh everything else. ;)

Speaking of work, the company had a booth at the Fiesta Filipina last weekend. Talk about crowded! The Civic Center was packed with excited fans of Wowowee (Don't ask me, I didn't create the name. But for the oblivious--in this case, like me--it's one of them ABS-CBN game shows). Some pinoy celebrities were present, but the event "worthy of note" (and I say this quite loosely) was the Pinoy Idol competition the Fiesta hosted late Saturday afternoon.

OH.
MY.
GAWD.

And I mean, oh my gawd. Now I don't mean to bash. Maybe (just maybe) there was a problem with the monitor, and the singers couldn't hear themselves at all... Maybe, I don't know. But, MAN. That was tough to sit through, to say the least. I'm thinking more along the lines of TORTURE, really... But well, best to end now before I get any hate mail from the contestants. Hehe. But yeah, it really was something.

Ironically, I was three tents away from my previous employer (can anyone say Regal Films?). Twas good to see old faces again (bosses and all), although they looked just as how I left them a year ago. I wonder what that means...

Twas quite the long weekend. Got home dead tired from Day 2 of Fiesta at 630pm Sunday, found my way to the bed (read: plakda), and was out faster than you can count to ten. I actually woke up at 930am the following day.

Hmm... Note to self: Might need to revisit that last statement about benefits outweighing the work...



Catching the early morning crowd. Trust me, it gets crazy after this.


The beautiful City Hall as backdrop.


Regal babies! With former officemates Steph, Mitch and Tiff.


Holding the fort with laptop (and Pringles) as company.


Hey, hey! Bumped into Louie just when we were packing up.

No comments: