Tuesday, April 26, 2005

New baby, baby!

Truth is, the D70 was the goal. The objective was to not tap into savings and actually find the means to buy my digital slr. That way the $1300+ purchase (lenses included) was guiltless and justifiable.

Well, three months and (what seemed like) a gazillion photography and video editing projects later, I found myself having accumulated just half my budget and with a dire need for a more powerful camera than what I currently had. I couldn't wait another three to four months for the slr as photography had already become a reliable sideline. I needed a better camera soon and I had to decide.

After bouncing off options to Bebs, we concluded that I forego my dream camera for now and just purchase my base cam first, which is a higher end Nikon digital point-and-shoot (Yeah, I'm a Nikon girl :)

It must've been a wise decision, because I found an unbelievably great deal on Ebay for a Nikon 5400 soon after, which I ended up purchasing last week.


So I picked up my new toy from San Jose last Friday, and I have never been so excited. Sure, the D70 is still in my love list (along with this, this and this) but I'm resigned to just getting it later this year. It should be cheaper by then anyhow. heheh.





Taken Saturday morning, the day after the purchase (Yes, I'm the type of person that actually reads the manual).

Anyway, I got to test the cam out over the weekend and will be posting the pics in the next few days. That should keep this blog busy while I'm gone (Will be in the East Coast for a few weeks for work).

Lights out folks! Night :)

No comments: