Friday, April 01, 2005

Why the sniffles aren't cool:

Warning: The whiner in me posted this entry...

1. I felt so bad all week, I only went to the gym once for TKB. And boy, what a lousy workout. I mean for crying out loud, a 50-something-year-old man in class--whom everyone calls Grandpa--had thirty times my energy! If that doesn't spell u n c o o l to you, I don't know what does.

2. The flu, as we all know, is usually countered with rest. Unfortunately, I didn't have much of that either. Work, sidelines, and other obligations not only kept me from taking that much needed breather, I actually lost sleep the past two nights because of them. (Still not complaining btw ;)

3. Carb overload! Somehow, being under the weather has made me crave for the most unhealthy food (sure sure, blame the flu. hehe) .

Check out my diet today:
A slice of Rainbow pizza for lunch;
Two toasted french rolls with butter and tuna; and,
A bowl of corn kernel with butter and garlic salt for dinner.
Top that off with two whole honey tangerines. And a fourth from Bebs' share. hehe.

Sigh. I am definitely going to pay for this at the gym next week.

4. Last, but certainly not the least: Extremely uncomfortable clogged nose, major sore throat, and a cough that'll outbark any dog in the neighborhood. Enough said.

---

On a serious note:
Speaking of unwell, do keep the Pope in prayer. I have always respected the man for his zeal and integrity, and I pray his transition to the Next Life is peaceful and painless. There is undoubtedly in this generation none a leader quite like him in the Catholic community.

No comments: