Thursday, November 18, 2004

Say Cheese.

Interesting update: I just recently landed a photography stint with SF Examiner's monthly magazine supplement. I will basically shoot their cover for them, as well as other events that might merit some artsy fartsy photography. Though it doesnt pay much, I'm just as happy to add this sideline to my portfolio (although ofcourse i'll take the moolah anytime. heheh).

So anyway, my "Chief Editor" (I don't know her exact title yet) took me to a food fest prepared by the Philippine Consulate and Dept. of Tourism at the Marriott downtown SF, and instructed me to get to know the bigwigs, mingle and shmooze, and in short, hand out my business cards. Good opportunity for me actually, except 1) I didn't bring a lot of cards, and 2) my PR skills were kinda rusty. So there I was in my skirt and heels, shaking hands, putting on some semblance of a smile, makin' short talk.. For all of 30 minutes. And then I headed to the buffet table and stuffed myself silly. Hahaha. Mighty good food though.

Can't wait for my first cover to come out. Look out for it next month at your favorite newsstand :)

No comments: