Tuesday, November 30, 2004

Happy days are here again.

Wow, it's been quite a day. Work was crazy as usual, then my night got even crazier as we recorded BGVs for the album. In between all that was major mental preparations for Saturday's shoot (It's going to be exciting: Imagine a music video with lotsa rowdy kids from ages 2 to 16, all in either bright colors, formal suits or cutesy costumes). I'm excited to get my hands dirty, but all the action yet so early in the game has dawned on me a stinking realization:

My skills are RUSTY.

I haven't sung in so many months.
And my last video was a souped up Powerpoint presentation.

The truth is hilarious. So funny in fact that it's pathetic, and intimidating. So many details yet to be finalized and time is on the move. I'm hoping to get the vid out by third week of December, but as of today, my best possible venue is now not an option. I've also got three more songs to back up (the deadline of which is tomorrow), and then onto promotion and hi-tech caroling. And don't forget the crash review course on Final Cut Pro--I can't put all those poor kids to work only to stick them in a Powerpoint.

What of it then? Do we just pack up and go home? Retreat to the safehouse and twiddle our thumbs? Live the comfortable life and stick with routine?

Heck no! Bring on the challenge, because I sure am ready for it. If anything, I need the growth. I don't ever want to waste away doing nothing but blog for the rest of my life (although I admittedly have been enjoying the medium to vent :)

In all this, I just hope I don't ever forget what I have, what is given me, and what it is all for. And with the knowledge, I hope I make good use applying them.

...Let's just hope I don't die from exhaustion come Saburday.

No comments: