Wednesday, December 14, 2005

Crazy sick.

And not the good kind. Sigh. :(

The flu bug has gotten the better of me yet again. I haven't been sleeping very well because of it either. Sleep at 1230mn, wake up at 230am, force myself to go back to sleep at 3, wake up again at 5.. and so on and on, until it's actually time to be up.

It sucks, I'll tell you that. I can hardly breathe from the clogged nose and my thousand and one meds aren't helping any. The coughing's nasty too; my poor throat's taking such an awful beating from it. This needs to go down soon, as the Christmas concert is nearing and I can't afford to still be ngongo come weekend. Help, Lord! I can sure use a miracle right now.

In other news, I have some photos to post from the Alanis and Switchfoot concert last week. This whole fever-flu-cough thing's been keeping me from doing a lot of stuff, but I should be able to upload them soon. I also have a video clip of Alanis rocking it out. It should knock your socks off.

Also, I got to watch the long awaited Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, the Witch and the Wardrobe over the weekend. Hmm.. It was a good attempt, although I feel they sacrificed much needed dialogue and background explanation in order to cram the movie in two hours. They should have extended it another thirty minutes, or a full hour even, to make the film well-rounded. So much was lacking for me. Some of the sets too were a little too unreal, in fact they looked exactly like that: sets.

The kids were definitely a redeeming factor though. Lucy and Edmond are great and very well played. Great character development. No complaints on the Witch either and Liam Neeson as Aslan's voice. He was perfect, although he needed more lines in there.

All in all, it's still a must-see. It might leave a lot of questions though to those who may not have read the book or seen the old cartoons. Still, it's worth watching.


No comments: