Tuesday, August 09, 2005

On family, and that second wind.

My inlaws are in town. Arrived last night and are bunking at the Bharwani pad for the next three weeks. That's Bebo's mom, aunt, sis and four-year-old niece, along with their sangkatutak na maletas, kikay kits and pasalubongs.

Based on last night's living conditions, I can tell you that we have temporarily junked form over function to accommodate two queen aerobeds, luggage of all colors and sizes lining up our walls, and the wide array of shoes tiling the kitchen floor. I seriously have never seen so much stuff in our studio before.

And it's absolutely great.

You see, I'm one of the fortunate few blessed with a wonderful extended family. You always seem to hear about inlaws invading your married life and making it their goal to make you miserable. Not the case with me, though. Bebs' family is a kind-hearted, supportive and generous bunch. Not to mention FUNNY. His mom is a riot. She cracks me (and everyone else) up, and she doesn't even know it. Amazing. She's definitely a keeper.

And I'm glad they're here. Both our families have been such an encouragement these past few weeks, I'm just truly grateful for the support. This "crazy stuff" that's happened really dampened our spirits for a while, but the Minister of souls pulled through for us--as He always does. He spoke His Truth, comforted us in our time of need, and now he sends family to root us on to continue the race.

As for me, I'm back on my feet again. Got my groove back, and raring to have a go at it. This year ahead will be an amazing ride. I know it. I'm not sure where it'll take Bebs and me, but I'm at peace with that now.

Besides, I really already have everything that I need.


No comments: