Wednesday, May 18, 2005

Of sprained fingers and phantoms.

While shopping for sheets for my new queen bed over the weekend, I got a call from the poor Bebster with news that he had sprained his middle finger from four games of Basketball. The timing couldn't be any more ironic, since he has a gig at Stanford this week (tomorrow to be exact). Apparently, the digit out of commission is his holding finger and is therefore crucial to his bass playing. Tsk, tsk.

Well, we'll see what becomes of the gig tomorrow, but so far his finger doesn't look as purple as it originally was. Funny thing is, he's been going around the past few days with a metal splint on the injured digit, which I must say quite resembles an obscene gesture, if you get my drift. LOL. The poor guy did TKB yesterday and he looked like he was giving everyone the finger. Hahaha. Poor Bebster.

In other news, I finally watched the Phantom of the Opera. I swear, I used to despise All I ask of You all because it was majorly overplayed in the Philippines. But hearing the song in context has made me appreciate it now. It is a beautiful song, no doubt. And the Phantom.. man, whatta a hottie! Such a wonderful performance, I totally loved and hated him. That's how effective he was.

The only downside to the musical for me was the dubbing. Somehow in some scenes, Christine's lips (and Minnie Driver's character, for that matter) weren't in sync with the singing, which was such a disappointment. It's a singing film, hello. That's one technicality they should have made sure to get down pat. Regardless, it was a good film. I'd love to watch it in the theater though and see how they pull everything off live. No edits, no camera effects. Just the stage and how they work its every dimension. That should be really awesome.

Anyway, here are some shots of the night we hung out to watch said musical. Unfortunately, JJ and Carol refused to be in the photos as they were "dressed down," so Bebs, Raf and I hogged the cam as always.







No comments: